15 mins Preparation, Make 2 servings
- 2 Promise Gluten Free Rolls White or Multi-seeded Sliced and toasted
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 250g/9oz cooked beetroot, drained and quartered
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp flaked sea salt, and to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- To Garnish
- A handful of toasted hazelnuts & seasame seeds
- Side salad of flat leaf parsley, alfa and celery leaf
- A tablespoon of olive oil.
Toast the cumin seeds gently in a small dry frying pan for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat.
Put the beetroot, chickpeas, garlic, coriander, salt and olive oil in a food processor. Add the cumin seeds and lemon juice and season well with freshly ground black pepper. Blitz until smooth.
Check the seasoning to taste, adding a little more salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed, and blitz again.
Use the hummus as a dip on a toasted roll or bread of your choice or a spread for sandwiches and wraps.
Keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze.
Sprinkle Toast hazelnuts and seasame seeds on the top and garnish with some of the leaves from the side salad to serve.
Serve Side salad of flat leaf parsley, alfa and celery leaf drizzle with olive oil.