30 mins Preparation, Make 4 servings
- Heat the oven to 390 F.
- Scatter the nuts onto a baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile heat a little oil in a pan and fry the bread until it’s golden all over, add the garlic and paprika, cook for another minute, then remove from the heat.
- Blitz the nuts and bread in a food processor until it’s a coarse paste.
- Add the peppers, oil, vinegar, saffron and its liquid and tomato puree and blitz briefly.
- Season to taste, and leave aside for an hour or two for the flavours to mellow.
- Ways to use Romesco: with roast veg, with sautéed prawns or baked fish, as a dip.