15 min. Preparation, Make 4 servings
- 2 slices Promise Gluten Free Rustic White, torn into chunks
- 4 oz blanched almonds
- 2 oz blanched hazelnuts
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 8 oz roasted red peppers from jar, drained
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 pinch saffron, soaked in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
STEP 1.Heat the oven to 390F.
STEP 2.Scatter the nuts onto a baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
STEP 3.Meanwhile heat a little oil in a pan and fry the bread until it’s golden all over, add the garlic and paprika, cook for another minute, then remove from the heat.
STEP 4.Blitz the nuts and bread in a food processor until it is a coarse paste. Add the peppers, oil, vinegar, saffron and its liquid and tomato puree and blitz briefly.
STEP 5.Season to taste, and leave aside for an hour or two for the flavours to mellow.
Ways to use Romesco: - With roast veg - With sautéed prawns or baked fish - As a dip